Video Animations is flooding in today’s social world.People’s prefer watching videos more then reading content while learning or gaining knowledge through various mediums or digital platforms.
In Today’s world every Corporates and MNC’s are starting with Learning an development department in there company.And to provide education, Training and knowledge to there employess,various courses are developed to cater the training needs of the employees.
Studies have shown that people understand and grasp the content more when it has video representation. This makes establishing a connection or interaction and person is able to grasp more and more.
eLearning courses offer the opportunity to access and optimise learning for busy learners who have little time to commit, broadening their skill set or refreshing their knowledge of complex concepts.eLearning animation has been found to be effective for a number of genres and audiences in learning management systems for its ability to break down complex concepts, to introduce learning in small pieces, and to set the tone and emotion for the learning environment and thus attracting and appealing to an ideal audience.
In process training, video animations can be used not only to instruct, but also explain to learners why things should be done in a certain way.Engaging animated videos courses set the tone for your training. Using characters, designations, and backgrounds your learners can relate to and help them connect to the course, increasing knowledge transfer. Video Courses are cost-effective, easy to manage, and enrich the overall training experience that will set the tone for training experiences in the future.
We know that animation can break down complex processes, visualising change, and creating focal points for our eLearning. Helping break down our learning into smaller chunks of information, which we find particularly suits the modern learner. Keeping it short allows learners to do a bit here and there. Which may help to achieve a better knowledge overall.
Benefits of using animation in eLearning :-
- It’s engaging: By using a unique attention-grabber, you can help keep your participants engaged and interested in the material you’re presenting.
- It’s entertaining: Animated characters have a license to be a little silly, which can help to break up lengthy training sessions with a bit of comedic relief.
- It’s memorable: When participants watch a unique animation, it helps put visual context to the concepts they’re learning and makes them more likely to recall what they learned long after their training is complete.
- It’s eye-catching: If your participants have started to lose focus on their training, a catchy animation can help startle them back to task. Their attention will be renewed and they’ll be more likely to process the information being given.
- It sets the tone: You don’t want your employees to dread training. A fun and engaging animation helps set the tone for how they should approach their time in training—with enthusiasm and an open mind. If you use animation to demonstrate your attitude about the process, they will follow suit.
- It helps to relate: It might sound silly, but when your employees have a character or visual to identify with, they’re more likely to trust the information. Animation can almost give the material a sense of human-like interaction.
- It improves learning experience: When learners are engaged, they’ll be more interested in upgrading their knowledge and learning new things.
- It improves the attitude toward future training: When your employees know their training is engaging, they’ll be more willing and ready to learn new concepts in the future. Animation can help improve the overall training experience, which will also make for better experiences down the line.
I’ve recently come across an interview with a speaker, author, and award-winning eLearning designer – Tim Slade.
He says the following: “When used properly, animation can being your content to life and engage your learners. When combined with powerful visuals and audio narration, animation can be used to explain complex ideas, processes, or concepts by creating a multi-sensory learning experience. Even after the learning has long ended, the types of multi-sensory learning experiences help to make the content “stick” in the learner’s mind.”
Next time when you’re thinking of elearning think of videos. There will be a little more upfront cost involved in creating videos and adding it into the course but if using video will save the precious time of thousands of learners then this in itself is a big cost saving!
I will be writing about “Cost of eLearning Video Animations” in my next blog. Feel free to share your experience about Importance of Video Animations in your e-Learning courses. I would be glad to hear if you got Knowledge from my post.
Siddhesh Lad is a passionate blogger by heart. Founder of Freelancer Siddhesh Lad helping Business, Companies, Individuals Grow by providing various Digital Freelance Services worldwide. Also helping IT fresher find jobs by Job Portal.
“Work Hard for Long You Will Succeed But Stop Working Hard If You Don’t Achieve Success Because It’s Time to Change The Path”.